It's not often that I will review products on my blog. Product reviews take a fair bit of time to photograph, test out, edit and publish so it takes something special to catch my eye. My Personalised Book is one such product.
My Personalised Book is the brainchild of Amanda Gilchrist and the JaJo brand. The idea is you'll receive a fully personalised storybook based around the information you provide along with with an optional magical fairy/pirate door and pixie dust that forms part of the adventure. There are a few things that I love about this brand:
- My Personalised Book is small business in Northumberland. When you buy from Amanda, you are supporting a local, small business rather than a huge corporation which is always a good thing.
- My personalised Book features a story that has been written to include your child from their name and home town to their likes and favourite toys - the story is completely personal.
- The illustrations are gorgeous and the main character has been drawn to look just like your child.
The story really engaged Jack right from the start. You can choose either a Pirate or a Fairy adventure and Jack (aged 6) could just about manage the words himself with a little bit of help every now and then. Check out our Facebook live stream to hear a little from the tale.
I really love the gorgeous illustrations in this book - they feel really special. Children can search for the coins on every page too which they always enjoy. The book is paperback and the pages feel like they are made from quality card.
There are three different buying options (can be a Fairy Adventure or Pirate Adventure):
- Personalised Book only - £17 + p&p
- Personalised Book & create your own fairy door - £23 + p&p
- Personalised Book & a door that has been hand painted & embellished by fairies - £34 + p&p
The books are available now and the fairy doors will be launching in April. Keep an eye on My Personalised Book's Facebook page or sign up here for discounts and news.
Jack read his story right until the end and he received a lovely surprise on the last page..........
My Personalised Book ticks so many boxes for me:
- It's personal and unique - you're not going to find another gift quite like this
- The story encourages reading - Though the Magical Pirate Door is now Jack's favourite bedtime story
- The story is engaging right until the end and children love the surprise ending
- The book is handmade & from a local small business
- For every book ordered, a donation is made to North of England Children's Cancer Research
Take a look at My Personalised Book's video to get a little more of an idea of what to expect:
For just under £20 including postage, I think My Personalised Book will make a really special birthday gift for children aged 2-6 years old and it will be one they treasure in year's to come.
Find out more and order via MyPersonalisedBook.com
Disclosure | We were sent this product to review
Pin Me For Later