When are Newcastle Christmas lights being switched on?
Thursday 19th November 2015 - 4pm-8pm (big switch on at 6:30pm at Greys monument)
Who will switch the lights on?
Metro Radio's Steve and Karen will press the magic button and switch on Newcastle's 20,000 city centre lights.
Who will entertain us?
- Spark! street theatre will be entertaining the crowds in the intu Eldon Square malls at 4:30pm, 5:30pm and 6:30pm
Spark! Street theatre
- Youngsters can collect FREE illuminated wristbands from 4pm at the intu Eldon Square customer service desk outside of Fenwick
- Meet the Snow Princess from 4pm outside boots in intu Eldon Square with magical crafts and FREE face painting.
- Meet the stars of Aladdin from The Tyne Theatre and Opera house near Whittard and Chelsea and be in with the chance of winning a family panto ticket.
- Look out for Crystal ball jugglers Calvos working their magic throughout the mall
- Teens can check out their singing skills and to win a party from Ginger Parties outside adidas
- Santa Claus and his elves will be popping into the mall to take bookings for his Christmas grotto
- Expect live music from barberpop quartet Scarlet Street to get you in the mood for Christmas
WOW there is a lot going on and it looks set to be a wonderful evening. There is also the chance for one lucky shopper to win a £500 intu Eldon Square gift card and everyone who spends £50 or more on an intu Eldon Square gift card from a customer service desk on the night will also receive a complimentary box of Thorntons chocolates.
intu Eldon Square will be decorated with over 100,000 pealights and 25,000 decorations this Christmas
I must admit, I've never been to a Christmas light switch on before, but this all looks fantastic and I bet the atmosphere will be lovely! We will definitely try and pop along - will you?