I have been using this bag daily for a few weeks now and it really is a perfect fit for my lifestyle. Here is what I love:-
- I love, love, love the Autumnal colours. When you choose your bag from the What Daisy Did website, you can email them with your colour requirements and they will do their best to oblige.
- I love how unique my bag is. Each bag is made from recycled leather and synthetic factory offcuts that may have otherwise been wasted meaning you will never get two bags the same. I have had lots of comments when I've been out and about asking where my bag is from. You can read more about how the bags are made here.
- Compartments! I need a bag with sections to help me stay organised. My messenger bag has two main compartments - one perfectly fits my filofax while the other fits my large purse. There is also a zipped internal pocket and enough space for my phone, keys and lippy. The design of this bag means there is no digging around in my bag trying to find things - they all have their own home.
- The price tag. I cannot quite believe that my bag retails at only £30. For a unique bag made from quality materials this is an AMAZING price.
- Long strap. As a mum of three young children I really need my hands free at all times. The messenger bag comes with a long adjustable strap and can be comfortably worn across the body.
- Pockets. I love the two contrasting pockets on the front of my bag - perfect to keep all those essential bits and bobs.
- Quality. All too often I have bought bags where the studs don't fasten or the zip doesn't work. Not here! My bag has been rigorously tested and is still in perfect working order.
Time for some more pictures:-
I think you'll agree the bag is simply stunning. The bags are created in India by a young entrepreneur called Manish who is helped by over 40 skilled families who lost their jobs when India's shoe trade moved to China. You can be assured that no child or elderly labour is involved, workers are paid a fair wage and given flexible working hours. These ethics are at the heart of the company and Daisy and Ozric visit India regularly to check they are being enforced.
What Daisy Did feature over 15 styles of bag. They have all been classically designed to last a long time rather than just being a bag that will end up in landfill in a few years time. I can certainly see my bag being brought out every Autumn/Winter in years to come.
Every woman loves a new bag and would be delighted opening a What Daisy Did bag on Christmas morning. They are no more expensive than shopping on the high street, but by buying from whatdaisydid.com you are supporting an ethical small business and will be buying a completely unique product rather than one that is just mass produced. It's a no-brainer to me!