I started today with some mini strawberry cheesecakes. This recipe has been adapted from the Usborne very best baking for children cookbook.
175g digestive biscuits
450g full fat cream cheese
125g caster sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsps vanilla essence
For the topping:-
4 tbsps jam of your choice (we used strawberry)
Fresh fruit to decorate
You also need a 12 hole muffin tin and muffin cases.
1. Pre-heat oven to 150C or gas mark 2. Put the muffin cases in the tray.
2. Put the digestives in a food bag. Seal and smash the biscuits into crumbs with a rolling pin
3. Melt the butter in the microwave for approximately 30 seconds. May need a little longer. When the butter has melted, stir in the digestive crumbs
4. Divide the mixture between to 12 muffin cases and press down firmly with the back of a teaspoon. Pop in the fridge to chill while you make the filling.
5. Put the cream cheese and sugar in a large mixing bowl and stir until evenly blended. Put the eggs and vanilla essence in a seperate smaller bowl and beat them with a fork.
5. Add the egg mixture the the cheese mixture a little at a time, beating well until smooth and blended. Once all the ingredients are combined, spoon the mixture into the cases.
6. Bake for 25 minutes. Once baked, turn the oven off and leave the cheesecakes in for a further 30 minutes. Then, take them out, place them on a wire rack and pop in the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours.
7. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon into a bowl and stir in the jam until smooth. Spread it onto the chilled cheesecakes. Cut your fruit and use pieces to decorate your cakes.
8. Chill for a further hour then remove your muffin cases and serve. Delicious!
Pin Me For Later